What we do
We are a Canadian boutique firm based in central Ontario that specializes in:
- Assisting municipalities, non-profit organizations, and NGOs in finding and maintaining the right fit through selection, development, and retention for optimum performance and engagement.
- Supporting individuals as they strive to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
- Providing highly validated assessments for selection and professional or personal development.
Sophie Mathewson, PCC
Strategic Advisor & Coach
Sophie Mathewson is President of Prism Group Int’l. The work she does focuses on assisting organizations create strong employer-employee relationships where the organization's goals are met or exceeded and employees are in fulfilling jobs and environments where they feel empowered and rewarded. She is also passionate about assisting people in living fulfilling lives and enhancing their well-being.
As a Strategic Advisor & Coach, Sophie assists her clients through executive coaching, consulting and interactive workshops.
Twice now Sophie’s clients have been acknowledged for their excellence and enhanced business performance through their commitment to coaching as a leadership strategy by the GTA Chapter of the International Coach Federation. In 2007, one of Sophie’s clients won in the small business category; and, in 2009, another client was awarded top honours in the public sector category as a result of adopting a collegial coaching model in their journey to becoming a learning culture.
Sophie’s clients find her coaching and facilitation style to be: “intuitive”, “perceptive”, “empathetic”, “inspiring”, and “challenging.” Sophie is particularly skilled and passionate about: helping people become clear about their strengths and how to capitalize on them; improving emotional intelligence; creating awareness of weaknesses and how to mitigate them; and putting it all together/the big picture to create a win for all involved.
In addition to her coaching and consulting practice, Sophie is a published author, speaker, and on the faculty of Coach U facilitating learning for an adult student population from around the world. Sophie holds a Bachelor of Applied Arts from Metropolitan University and has received coach training through CTI as well as Corporate Coach U.
Sophie’s certifications include:
- PCC (International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach) since 2005;
(Corporate Coach U Certified Graduate);
- Certified EQMentor;
Professional Behavioural Analyst);
CPVA (Certified Professional Values
- Certified TriMetrixHD analyst.
Sophie has held numerous community leadership roles, namely:
- President of Women’s Business Network of Peterborough;
- President of the Greater Peterborough Chamber or Commerce – the second female to hold this position in its then 108 year history;
- Director with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce;
- Member of the Greater Peterborough and Area (GPA) 20/20 Visioning;
- Chair of the East Central Ontario Network [ECO-Net];
- Inaugural board member of the Greater Peterborough Area Economic Development Corporation [GPA EDC];
- Co-chair of the Peterborough & District United Way Campaign together with her husband Stan.
- Sophie has also held board positions with the Human Resources Professionals of Ontario, Peterborough Chapter; and Community Living Peterborough.
- Currently, Sophie sits on various committees in her community.
Why certification? As a lifelong learning, it is super important to Sophie to be knowledgeable and credible in the areas whe works in with her clients. I could not possibly consider using tools that are not highly validated and that I'm not an expert in. Afterall, I am dealing with people's personal and professional lives.
The DISC assessment measures four factors: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Compliance. A DISC assessment measures how someone does what they do.
Among the assessment options, TriMetrixHD stands out as the most powerful. The reason for this is the sophisticated combination of 4 sciences. TriMetrixHD assesses more layers of an individual than any other assessment in the world. The 4 sciences uncover the following layers of individuals: DISC (behaviours), 12 Driving Forces (motivators), Acumen (how we think); and 25 Competencies (business-related skills).
Twelve Driving Forces assesses what motivates people, identifying what drives them to do the things they do. Through the use of six different motivators, it measures the motivation (and strength) behind our behaviour. Each end of the six motivators is a driving force, resulting in 12 Driving Forces.
A person's emotional quotient (EQ) is the measure of five factors known of emotional intelligence (EI). Emotional intelligence is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power of acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
The Gold Standard of Professional Coaching
"Anyone can call themselves a coach. But ICF-credentialed coaches are professionals who have met stringent education and experience requirements, and have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the coaching competencies that set the standard in the profession. Additionally, they adhere to strict ethical guidelines as part of ICF's mission to protect and serve coaching consumers." -International Coaching Federation
Leadership Advisor & HR Consultant
Beverley Robbins-Teather is a Senior HR Business Partner and Trusted Advisor with over 15 years of diverse experience supporting leaders and their staff at all levels in unionized and non-unionized environments. She is a HRPA Member - Practitioner in good standing and internationally qualified in Canada and the UK. Her diverse experience brings new perspectives to her clients.
Bev specializes in working with and advising leaders and individual contributors in:
- Performance management
- Improving interpersonal relationships
- Reducing conflict.